Installation Procedures For The FastMeasure Vehicle Kit
The following is a brief description of the installation procedures for the FastMeasure vehicle kit.
- Install a set of magnets on the driveshaft. They will install easily and will not affect the balance of the driveline. Our magnet system is guaranteed not to come off unless removed with a hammer and chisel. Everything needed for attaching the magnets is included in the kit.
- Mount the sensor bracket near the driveshaft and attach the stainless steel sensor within 1 of the top of the magnets. Run the wire lead into the vehicle under the dash, and connect it to the provided electrical terminal block.
- Run 12 volts to the electrical terminal block.
- Connect the FastMeasure display to the terminal block.
- Mount the display on the dash with the provided dual lock (Velcro) tabs.
- To calibrate, this is very easy, measure a line 400 feet, paint marks at both ends. Reset the meter to 0 and drive 400 feet, stop, hold both buttons on the meter for 10 seconds. The meter will display a row of zeros, scroll to the right and change the meter to read 400.0. The 2nd programming screen is for mph, kph or feet per minute. For miles per hour (default) leave at 60 or change it to 100 for kilometers per hour or 1 for feet per minute.
- Exit the programming mode and enjoy your FastMeasure.
It takes about 1 hour to install the unit. Everything needed for the installation is included in the kit. The instruction manual is written very clearly and is easy to understand. For further instructions and information, check our web site at FastMeasure.com.
Note – The superior magnetic sensor used by FastMeasure provides the most accurate reading at any speed and is not affected by dirt, snow, tar or other elements under a vehicle. FastMeasure does not tie into the VSS (vehicle speed sensing system) or the antilock brakes. Devices using these methods of calculating distance and speed are not always as accurate. With FastMeasure, if there are any installation issues, one phone call to our knowledgeable support staff will have you out measuring in no time at all.
Manufactures electronic distance measuring instruments as an alternative to the distance measuring wheel. Accurately measure construction areas, surveying paved areas, landscape, utilities, roadways and parking lots.
Measuring tool, measures, distance, installation, vehicle kit, speed, surveying, roads, highways, paving, contactors, public utility, companies, government agencies, asphalt, sealcoating, striping, parking lots, engineer, construction.